Sunday, December 16, 2007

I tried...Here's an update though...

Hey Dudes!

Well, I tried to post some pics, it was going well until the battery died on my camera. I'm such an idiot. Anyway, my travel companion Lindsay Harris has managed to get some up on her facebook. Feel free to add her and check them out...just make sure you let her know who you are first k?

I haven't posted since Kao Sok so there's quite a bit to tell you.
From there we went to Krabi and Ao Nang...two very touristy beach towns...but beautiful scenerey. We did a tour by speed boat to four different islands including Phi Phi, where the movie the beach was filmed. We did a ton of snorkelling...so beautiful.

When we returned to land we headed straight for the massage huts on the beach where we both endulged in a thai oil massage and foot exfoliations...for $10 US...Incredible

That night we decided to head out on the town for some well deserved partying. Taylor, Riley, Harris and I went to the Luna Beach Bar. It was friggin' awesome! They played the best tunes, there were so many people and it was right on the beach. We danced sooooo much, I have to say I have never sweat like that before in my life. We are all feeling a little groggy the next day on our travels to Kho Mook...but we survived and it was totally worth it when we saw the beautiful beach. We stayed there one night in a bamboo hut, discovered the best Pad Thai in the entire world, and made sure to get in some quality tanning time.

From there we went camping...not as glamorous I have to say. The beach we were on was beautiful, however the two nights we were there were filled with some interesting adventures. Let me put it in short form:

We climbed a mountain
Got stuck in a huge rainstorm
Broke my camera
Broke Harris' toe
Got Sun Stroke
and be friended some lizards at 3am in the pitch dark...I was just trying to pee!

Needless to say two night was plenty. I was very happy to turn in my stifling tent on the hardest ground ever for another night in the bamboo hut.

And that was it for the tour. We headed back to Bangkok on a 16 hour night train and stayed another night at the Royal Hotel.

We discovered Kao Sarn Road where we ate tons of food, shopped, and just hung out with our buddies Taylor and Riley. The second night (last night) we decided to try out a local hostel...it's pretty decent. We check out in 40 minutes, then we're heading up North.

Hopefully I'll have the net again soon and be able to keep posting pics.

Jenni if you're out there, maybe you could take some of the pics from Facebook, both mine and Harris and post them on here for me???

I'm signing off peeps...hope you're all doing wonderfully, I miss you tons. Keep the emails coming...I just love hearing from everyone.

All my love,
Jess.

No comments: