Friday, December 7, 2007

Message from Khao Sok Thailand

Hi Guys!

Sorry, still no pics :(
Hopefully soon...I'm heading into Krabi tomorrow which is a touristy beach place, maybe their internet will be faster...keep your fingers crossed.

Here's what I've been up to since we left Bangkok.
We rode the night train for 12 hours, then hopped a chicken bus, then rode a long tail boat into the Jungle where we stayed at a floating raft house made of bamboo. There was only electricity from 6pm to 10 pm. It was very cool. We trekked through the jungle for a bit and checked out some caves, we did quite a bit of kayaking and a lot of vegging out. We bathed, brushed our teeth and washed our clothes in the huge man made lake we were floating on. It was tons fun.

From there we came here...Khao Sok. We've been here for two days. It's very chill...a little too chill for my liking but whatever. Yesterday we rode tubes down the river with some other Canadians and a couple of the locals. It was friggin' hilarious because there were catfish (or Karp) everywhere! I'm talking hundreds, maybe even thousands. The locals kept throwing food into our tubes and the fish kept jumping up to eat it, biting our asses in the process. They thought it was very funny. We saw a huge field of pot plants too! Two kilos worth!

After the tubing we went to this monkey temple and fed wild monkeys...they were so cute! Especially the babies. It was a good day.

Tomorrow we head out to Krabi which is a touristy beach. I can't wait...I'm in dire need of some quality beach time.

I'm sure there are more adventures to come and I'll do my best to keep you updated.
I hope you are all doing wonderfully and I look forward to your comments :)

Love you and Miss you

Jess.
XOXOX

No comments: